Tuesday, May 24, 2011

This weekend

My Room
Nido Spitalfieds
Room 10-18
9 Frying Pan Alley
London, England

If you want to send mail.  For reference it is very close to Liverpool Street Station and maybe a 5 minute walk from my job, very convenient.
Natural History Museum


E1 7HSHad a great touristy weekend seeing the historical side to London.  I spent Saturday at the Natural History museum and got my nerd on.  They had some incredible stuff in there including some of the biggest diamonds in the world, all sorts of dinosaur fossils, meteorites, and even space diamonds created in a supernova (shouts out to Prof. Eddie Murphy) billions of years ago.

After about 3 hours of that I went home and watched the most recent Harry Potter in anticipation of the craze that will surely hit the city soon.  Later that night we went down to Oxford Circus to try out a new part of town and had a lot of fun there.

Sunday was another quiet day with a late lunch and a power tour of the Tower of London.  We looked at almost everything in 1.5 hours and it was awesome. I remember having been before but it was really nice to comprehend everything more fully.  I wish we had time to visit Tower Bridge but I'll just make that another trip.
The White Tower, Tower of London


The reason we had to leave so early was meet up with Tory and Caitlyn for dinner in Soho.  It was really nice to see some UVA friends abroad and it sounds like I'll be spending some more time with them.  Turns out they both plan on travelling Italy the same time as John and I so we may just travel together to Katie and Molly in Rome and see the rest of the country.

I was planning on going to Amsterdam this weekend as we have a long weekend, but it looks like the ash may have us holed up this weekend.  Bit of a downer.

Also, I started my job Monday.  They have me doing data entry, which was to be expected, but include me in most of the conversation about the deals they are working on.  It's impressive to say the least, but I hope I'll make it to that level by their age.

No comments:

Post a Comment