Monday, May 16, 2011

A More Detailed Explanation of What I'll be Doing

For those of you that don't know already, I'll be in London from now until July 2nd and travelling around Europe on the weekends and July 2-9.  I will be interning at Chrystal Capital pending a successful interview and taking class 1 day a week to learn about the economic and socio-political development of London.  I'm living in a flat with my childhood best friend, John Mitchell, listed as "apartment" on this map along with some other places of interest around me.  I actually have a fantastic view of the Gherkin from my bed too, which is quite nice at sunset.  If any of you have visited the area and have suggestions, do let me know.

This afternoon was quite an ordeal trying to get everything that I need for the months to come, in fact I'm still waiting on my towel to get delivered so I can shower.  I do have most of the essentials at this point though.  I just woke up from a 2 hour nap (about an hour longer than intended) completely disoriented and looking for the thermostat (which is currently m.i.a.).

Tomorrow is the official orientation for EUSA and the start of quite an experience.  We have met 4 people already and I look forward to meeting the rest of the group (which is enormous, with kids from over 20 colleges) as the program progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment