Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cu Chi Tunnels

Today we visited the Cu Chi tunnel network about an hour north of Saigon.  First we learned a little bit about the history about the tunnels (which some of were already made before the "American" War) and what life was like living in them.  Next we got a chance to shoot at a firing range using the weapons from the war (M16, AK47, M60 etc.), I chose an AK47.  That was one of the coolest things I have done on this trip so far and especially funny to watch our smallest girls aiming down the sights.  Next we got to try out the tunnels.  About 20 of us tried and 8 of us actually made it the whole 300 feet without taking one of the escape routes, I cannot imagine having to move in there with gun chatter and bombs exploding above you.  Finally, we just got back from a boat cruise dinner and the final official class event.  Most of us are going out together tonight for one last hoorah but we are all ready to be back in the States.  It's been an outstanding trip and I would fully recommend visiting Asia to anyone who is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment