This trip has become a whirlwind and it is absolutely impossible to get everything across so I'll try to hit the highlights. 2 weekends ago we went to Amsterdam for the weekend, managing to get moved in and finally head out right around midnight. After being in a bar for less than 20 minutes I spotted Ryan Stevens outside with his dad without any knowledge of him being in Amsterdam. Needless to say, they both joined us for a wild weekend exploring Amsterdam with us until sunrise both nights.
During the day we managed to get in a 3 hour bike tour of the city, wander the streets, visit both a flea market and a flower market and see the World Press photo tour (which was breathtaking). There were some of the most poignant pictures I have ever seen in my life alongside the most amazingly artistic ones.
Fast forward a week and we went to Edinburgh for my birthday weekend. Once again arriving later in the evening we quickly moved into our hostel (significantly nicer than the one in Amsterdam) with a full bar/restaurant on the main floor. Kaz Komolafe joined us for night one to give us an insider tour of Edinburgh nightlife.
Night two was my birthday and oh what a night it proved to be. After spending the day touring Edinburgh castle and the Scotch whiskey museum we had one of the best meals I have ever eaten and proceeded to celebrate well into the night at a random hotel bar with a fantastic guitarist who played American music. We met 3 Atlantans there (one of which is Brooke DeVore's grandpa) and turned the bar into a fraternity band party with everybody dancing.
The following morning we managed to wake up early and climb Arthur's Seat which provided us a gorgeous view of the city and coastline. Afterwards, Kaz was kind enough to have all 6 of us over for a home-cooked lunch (more like 2 lunches) which was some of the best food I've had so far.
I'm in London working for the week and trying to recover from these last two weeks, but I'm looking to next weekend. Dublin here we come. Slaínte!
No comments:
Post a Comment